Aggressive. Professional. Effective.

Protecting Our Clients’ Best Interests During Property Division

Divorce is never easy. Dividing marital assets is one of the tasks that can make the process of divorce so challenging. This is because the division of marital property has an emotional and a financial aspect.

People are attached to the things they own. They may have a sense of ownership regarding certain assets or property. Beyond that, the division of property is a division of the financial resources of the marriage that helps prepare each former spouse for life as a financially independent person. The portion of the estate that each takes is useful in establishing a new household.

What Needs To Be Divided?

The court is going to be concerned with whether individual assets and property were part of the marital estate. Almost everything acquired during marriage is marital property and must be fairly divided. There are a few exceptions such as inheritances that are kept completely separate from the marital finances.

We can help you pursue a division of marital property and assets that leaves you well-situated. Common assets that will be divided include:

  • Homes
  • Cars
  • Retirement accounts
  • Investments

In addition to assets, debt must be allocated.

At Patrick M. Noe, Jr., Attorney at Law, located in the Buffalo, New York, area, our firm is committed to protecting your best interests during the division of property component of your divorce. We understand how important it is to pursue an outcome that leaves you financially stable and that appropriately characterizes your property and assets. You deserve to leave your marriage as well-situated as possible, and our assertive approach to the law can help ensure that you will.

Make Sure You Have An Experienced Lawyer On Your Side During Divorce

We offer our clients representation that is committed, and sufficiently skilled and experienced to fight effectively for the property division you deserve. To schedule an initial consultation, call 716-803-8741 or contact us online.