Aggressive. Professional. Effective.

A Firm That Understands Same-Sex Family Law Issues

For many same-sex couples, the legal victories and evolution of our marriage laws in recent years have rightly been a cause to rejoice. But there are numerous other laws and considerations that are part of the full field of family law and those are developing more slowly.

The full scope of LGBT family law is being defined one case at a time as novel situations that are brought to court and individual judges craft solutions that could end up controlling a wide variety of issues for same-sex couples, such as:

  • Child custody and visitation — Is only one parent biologically related to the child? Did the other parent adopt the child? Setting child custody and visitation can present difficult questions as the court seeks to serve the best interests of the child.
  • Spousal support — In determining alimony or spousal support, the court considers length of marriage as a factor. Some couples, however, may have been together longer than they were allowed to marry. How is that factor considered in spousal support determination?

Beyond these issues, the entire field of family law regarding same-sex couples is still evolving so rapidly that people owe it to themselves to secure the assistance of an attorney who has experience in how family law issues are possibly impacted by LGBT issues. Our firm is able to help individuals secure positive outcomes to all family law issues, including:

  • Divorce
  • Child support
  • Property division

At Patrick M. Noe, Jr., Attorney at Law, we offer people the skill and experience with same-sex family law issues that is necessary to secure outcomes that they need. We are aggressive advocates for our clients. For our LGBT clients, we have stayed abreast of the ever-changing landscape of laws that could impact their divorces, child custody determinations and other family law matters.

Get Answers. Call Us Today For A Phone Consultation.

Do not face the questions that family law issues can create without representation that understands your situation and how the courts will look at it. To request a consultation, call 716-803-8741 or contact our lawyer online.